Sunday, April 10, 2011

PARTONS, LA MER EST BELLE


PARTONS, LA MER EST BELLE

(traditionnel)


Amis, partons sans bruit;
La pêche sera bonne
La lune qui rayonne
Éclairera la nuit.
Il faut qu'avant l'aurore
Nous soyons de retour
Pour sommeiller encore
Avant qu'il soit grand jour.

Friends, let us leave without sound;
The fishing will be good
The moon that shines
Will illuminate the night.
As it must before dawn
Let us return on our way
To sleep again
Before it is daylight.

REFRAIN:
Partons, la mer est belle;
Embarquons-nous, pêcheurs,
Guidons notre nacelle,
Ramons avec ardeur.
Aux mâts hissons les voiles,
Le ciel est pur et beau,
Je vois briller l'étoile
Qui guide les matelots!

As we leave the ocean is beautiful;
We embarque, fishermen,
We guide our small boat,
We row with great heart.
On the masts we hoist our sails,
The sky is pure and beautiful,
I see the star shine brilliantly
Which guides the sailors.

Ainsi chantait mon père
Lorsqu'il quitta le port.
Il ne s'attendait guère
À y trouver la mort.
Par les vents, par l'orage,
Il fut surpris soudain,
Et d'un cruel naufrage
Il subit le destin.

And that is how my father was singing
While he left port.
He just barely noticed
And that is where he found his death.
By the winds, by the storm,
It was surprising and sudden,
And in a cruel abandoning wreck
He suffered his destiny.

REFRAIN

Je n'ai plus que ma mère
Qui ne possède rien;
Elle est dans la misère,
Je suis son seul soutien.
Ramons, ramons bien vite,
Je l'aperçois là-bas,
Je la vois qui m'invite
En me tendant les bras.

I have nothing more than my mother
She possesses nothing;
She lives in poverty,
I am her only support.
We row, we row quickly and well,
I can see that one over there,
I can see the one who invites me
As I reach my arms out.




INTERPRÉTATION:
* Fabienne Thibeault: Les chants aimés, vol. 1 - Kébec-disque KD-561

No comments: